University transfer programs
There are many universities offering university transfer programs in different formats and requirements.
- It is not necessarily allowed every year.
- It is not necessarily applicable to all departments and faculties.
- The terms completed and the credits earned at another university are not always transferable.
To transfer to a university (or an undergraduate major/department), usually one of the following requirements must be met.
- Individuals who graduated from a junior college or college of technology.
- Individuals who completed a specialized program at a professional training college.
- Individuals who completed a program at the Japanese branch of a foreign university that was approved by the Minister of Education
- Individuals who completed a program at a secondary school approved by the Minister of Education.
Compared to regular admission, information on university transfer programs is very limited. Get information early on from your school about the available options.