Planning studies in Japan
University transfer programs
There are many universities offering university transfer/inter-university transfer programs in different formats and requirements.
- ●It is not necessarily allowed every year.
- ●It is not necessarily applicable to all departments and faculties.
- ●The terms completed and the credits earned at another university are not always transferable.
To transfer/inter-university transfer to a university (an undergraduate course), usually one of the following requirements must be met.
- ・Graduates of junior colleges
- ・Graduates of colleges of technology
- ・Students having a diploma from a professional training college
- ・Graduates of an advanced course of upper secondary schools
- ・Students who have completed a university’s general education (year 1 and above) and fulfill the necessary credits required by the transfer institution.
- ・Graduates of an undergraduate program.
Compared to regular admission, information on university transfer/inter-university transfer programs is very limited. Get early information from your school of choice on the options.