1. Basic Concept
Japan Student Services Organization (hereinafter referred to as "JASSO") is committed to respecting personal information and protecting the privacy of all individuals who use the "Study in Japan" Website.
2. Personal Information Collected
In general, JASSO will not collect personal information, by which a user is identifiable, such as names or addresses, when you visit the "Study in Japan" Website. Some services offered through the "Study in Japan" Website, however, require you to register personal information to receive or use such services.
- (1) Our services collecting your personal information
- Registration for seminars
- (2) Examples of personal information JASSO will collect
- Nationality, place of residence
- E-mail address
- Other information necessary for providing specific services
- Accepting user opinions and inquiries, and responding to such opinions and inquiries.
- Implementation and operation of services, events, etc., for which the user has registered.
- To conduct questionnaires concerning services, events etc. in which users participate, and to grasp the outcomes of such services, events, seminars, etc.
- To provide information on JASSO's services, events and seminars.
- To improve JASSO services to make them more user-friendly.
- To analyze and collect statistics on users using JASSO's services.
- To achieve other purposes of use which were clearly indicated at the time of acquiring the personal data of users.
- JASSO has your consent.
- JASSO is required by law to disclose such information.
- JASSO shares your personal information with an agent which will work on our behalf and disclose such information to the agent to the extent necessary to have the agent complete such work. In such cases, it is JASSO's policy to protect your personal information by concluding an agreement that obliges such agent to implement appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- Personal data is processed and reduced to individually unidentifiable statistical data.
3. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
JASSO will use the personal data it has collected with respect to users for the following purposes. JASSO will use your personal data only to the extent necessary to achieve these purposes.
4. Cookies and Google Analytics
In addition, for purposes of improving the usability of this Website for users, this Website may record access logs, such as the client's IP address, date and time of access, link source, files accessed, browsers used, etc. We use log information automatically stored on the server and technology called "web beacons" and cookies to create such records. Services are provided using access data such as these cookies, access logs, and web beacons.
In addition, we use content sharing functions provided by social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook and the video streaming function of YouTube on the "Study in Japan" Website. Cookies issued by third parties such as these social media platforms are used to track information that is provided by users or is obtained from users' use history.
5. Provision of Information to Third Parties
JASSO will not disclose personal information you provide JASSO via the "Study in Japan" Website to any third party, except under the following circumstances:
6. Data Protection Measures
JASSO will take necessary measures to prevent the leakage, loss or damage of information it handles and to appropriately manage such information.
7. Scope of Application
8. Correction, Suspension and Disclosure of Use of Personal Information
If you would like to discontinue using any or all of JASSO's services for which you registered your personal information or make changes to your registered information, you can do so at any time by following the applicable procedures. If no procedure has been provided for a service, please contact the following contact address.
When a user requests disclosure of their personal information, JASSO will disclose the personal information as appropriate to the circumstances of the request. Please refer to the JASSO's regulations on protection of personal information.
Some social networking services (SNS) provide "buttons" that when included on other websites will cause personal information such as user IDs and information about sites visited to be automatically transmitted to the SNS even if the button is not clicked.
For information regarding the privacy policies of social media services used by this site, please refer to the websites of individual social media service providers.
11. Contact Information
Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO)
Updated: October, 15, 2021